The Library has adjacent parking spaces designated for use by persons with disabilities. Elevators inside the library allow access to all floors.
- Restrooms: The library has restrooms designated as accessible for use by persons with disabilities.
- Water Fountains: Most water fountains are wheelchair accessible.
- Emergencies: Staff patrols the buildings in the event of a power outage, fire alarm, elevator malfunction or other emergency and will assist disabled patrons.
The Library is equipped with an Electronic Assistive Technology Workstation for students with disabilities. The workstation comes equipped as a complete package with the following:
- Pentium II-500/128 MB Computer
- Hewlett Packard USB 5200c Scanner
- 21’ Super VGA Monitor
- PDI Smartview (Magnifier)
- Multimedia Kit w/40x speed CD-ROM
- Multifunction Keyboard/Number Pad
Also included with workstations are the various software packages that include:
JAWS (Job Access with Speech) for Windows Screen Reader. JAWS is a software application that provides speech technology which allows patrons access to today’s popular software applications and the Internet. With its internal software speech synthesizer and the computer’s sound card, information from the screen is read aloud, providing technology to access a wide variety of information, education and job related applications. JAWS also outputs to refreshable Braille displays, providing unmatched Braille support of any screen reader on the market.
OpenBook converts printed documents or graphics-based text into an electronic text format on your PC, using quality speech and the latest optical character recognition (OCR) technology. Open Book can help you read books, magazines, memos, bills, and other printed documents. Open Book software translates scanned pictures back into words, and then reads those words out loud.
WYNN is the innovative literacy software tool designed to enhance success for individuals with reading challenges and writing difficulties such as dyslexia, dysgraphia and aphasia.