MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE AND TRANSFER TO SUBR, TODAY!
"HOW TO TRANSFER PAGE"
Thank you for transferring to Southern University and A&M College! You have truly made the best decision to transfer to our great institution. Your time, talent, and financial contributions are valuable investments that will ensure you will graduate on time! You should only apply as a transfer student if you have enrolled in college courses at another institution after graduating from high school.
Southern University and A&M College understands and appreciates your investment. This is why we encourage you to use the "How to Transfer" page as a compass to navigate an easy path to becoming a Jaguar. We are here to SUpport you!
NOTE: You can access the transfer articulation matrices that indicate the correlation of courses among Louisiana’s public colleges and universities by going to the Board of Regents website and viewing the Master Course Articulation Matrix.
NOTE: Falsification of any information or intentional omission of information may lead to refusal of admission or dismissal from the university, if admitted.
Step 1: Meet the Transfer Admissions Requirements
Students desiring to transfer from regionally accredited colleges and universities to Southern University with less than18 semester hours of course work must meet the same requirements as the first time freshman. Students with 18 hours or more must have a GPA of 2.0 (based on 4.0) on all transfer work.
Transfer students who have earned 18 or more college-level credit hours must:
- Have a minimum cumulative college level GPA of 2.0 and have completed a college-level English and a college-level Mathematics course both with a grade of "C" or better from a regionally accredited institution.
- These courses must fulfill the general education requirements.
- Be eligible to return to the institution from which they are transferring.
- Submit an official transcript(s) from all the universities/colleges that have been attended.
- Submit a copy of their immunization record.
Transfer students who have earned less than 18 or more college-level credit hours must:
- Meet the same requirements as the first time freshman and have a cumulative 2.0 GPA on college level transferable coursework completed from a regionally accredited institution.
- Be eligible to return to the institution from which they are transferring.
- Submit an OFFICIAL transcript(s) from all the universities/colleges that have been attended via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, electronically via Parchment, or Regular Mail.
- Submit a copy of their immunization record via Med+Proctor.
- Please be aware that failure to submit official transcripts,other requested documents, and $20 application fee will delay application processing.
Step 2: Apply for Admissions & Submit Missing Documents
Submit required documents by mail, fax, or email (email preferred):
Southern University Office of Admissions and Recruitment
P.O. Box 9231
Baton Rouge, LA 70813
All accepted students must satisfy immunization verification requirements.
- Log in to Med+Proctor using your SUS student email address and password, select "Account" and create a profile by completing all required information.
- Download the immunization certificate from Med+Proctor for immunization verification requirements, and follow the steps to complete and submit.
- Connect with Med+Proctor to help you through the process via online chat, knowledgebase or by submitting questions.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for processing and verification of all immunization documents after submission.
- Be sure to check your SUS student email for all verification updates from Med+Proctor.
*Due to the volume of applications received, late applications cannot be guaranteed a decision prior to the semester starting. Priority applications are processed first. Early application submission is encouraged.*
**All requested transcripts forwarded by the Student Clearing House MUST be emailed directly to email@example.com . Transcripts forwarded directly to the transfer counselor will not be considered for processing. Transcripts sent via the Black Common App will not be deemed official-per the Louisiana Board of Regents. Please request an OFFICIAL transcript from the institution or through the Clearing House.**
Please allow 7-21 business days for application processing. Applications will not be processed if all documents are not received.
Step 3: Mandatory Transfer Orientation & Financial Aid Information
-Review the dates for your Transfer Orientation session. Please register for the correct session for the semester you have been admitted (Spring, Summer or Fall).
- Transfer Orientation will provide you an array of resources and professional staff person to ensure your transition is seamless. Orientation is mandatory for ALL Transfer Students.
Financial Aid Information
Step 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application to allow financial aid to determine which types of aid yoiu qualify for. Southern University and A & M College's Code is 002025.
Step 2: To obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN), go to www.pin.ed.gov
Step 3: Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). If your SAR is rejected, requires correction or you are selected for a process called verification, you should read and take the appropriate action.
Step 4: Respond Immediately to Requests for Information from the Financial Aid Office. Once the Office of Student Financial Aid receives your SAR, we will forward to your SUBR email account a "Missing information" email account outlining any additional information the office may require to complete your application.
Step 5: Visit the Financial Aid Homepage to learn more about scholarships, tuition and fees, types of aid and more.
Step 6: Log into Self-Service Banner to review and accept your Financial Aid Terms & Conditions as well as your awards.
Step 4: Interested in Living On Campus? Apply for Housing NOW!
If you prefer to live on campus, be sure to apply for housing in advance.
-Application Deadline: May 1(Fall) and Dec 1(Spring)
-Application Fee: $150.00
Step 5: Articulate Your Transferred Courses
Once you receive your acceptance letter, review your SUBR unofficial transcript to determine if your courses were accepted. If your SUBR Undergraduate unofficial Web Transcript courses read "SENLXXX, SBIOXXX, SHISXXX, SMATXXX etc" this indicates the course transferred,but the department must evaluate to officially articulate to an SUBR comparable course.
- A Transfer Course Evaluation will be submitted on your behalf by a Transfer Center Representative. Connect with firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com, or the Transfer Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a transcript from all previous institutions attended. Send a copy of transcripts via email to email@example.com
- Upload course descriptions for all courses that have not been articulated at Southern University (SUBR), courses that read as "SENLXXX, SBIOXXX, SHISXXX, SMATXXX, etc."
- Meet with your University College(60 credit hours or below), Faculty Advisor (61+ earned credit hours) or Virtual Appointment (100% SUBR Online)
Step 6: Attend Class & Complete the Enrollment Process
Complete Financial Aid
All financial aid starts with creating a FSA ID and completing the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To complete your FAFSA online, go to fafsa.gov.
- COMPLETING FINANCIAL AID
- AWARDING YOUR FINANCIAL AID
- FINANCIAL AID FAQs
- DOWNLOAD JAGQ APP TO AVOID LINES
IV. Paying Tuition and Fees Online
If you do not pay the balance of your tuition and fees or “complete enrollment” by the due date, you will be dropped from your courses. Once these steps are completed, the you will receive a green confirmation message in Banner that states "You have completed the registration process".
V. Review Academic Calendars by Semester (SUBR)
Tip: Pay before the deadline so you won’t be dropped from your classes.